Facebook offers an ever-evolving platform for marketing and communication. As marketers, you keep hearing customer/prospect viewpoints on all social media platforms that enable us to be well-informed and make digitally-powered decisions.On 30 July 2020, Facebook shared the Q2 Results for 2020. The latest Facebook statistics demonstrate crucial details that may help you understand the platform efficiently and improve your return on investments (ROI) significantly.
The statistics provide the most up-to-date information presented to Wall Street directly by Facebook in its reports. We’ve listed the top seven of them below that can result in marketing success for you.
1. Every month, over 3.14 billion people regularly use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or Messenger. This huge user base is considered as Family Monthly Active People (MAP) by Facebook. As of June 30, 2020, the MAP has witnessed an increase of 14% year-over-year in comparison to 2.38 billion for Q1 2019.
2. People daily logging into Facebook are considered as Daily Active Users (DAU). It has seen an increase of 12% year-over-year as the DAUs for Q2 2020 were 1.79 billion on average. This indicates that the number of Facebook users who are active and consistent is growing significantly.
3. A logged-in user of Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, or WhatsApp visiting any one of these platforms using either the app or web is considered a Daily Active Person (DAP). In comparison to March’s 2.36 billion, the DAP for June 2020 climbed up to 2.47 billion witnessing an increase of 15% year-over-year.
4. Facebook’s global average revenue per user also called ARPU is $7.05 for Q2 2020 that is slightly better in comparison to $6.95 for Q1 2020.
As expected, it’s pretty clear that Q2 results were hit by the ongoing pandemic. According to the official press release from Facebook to announce Q1 2020 Results, the social media giant has experienced a significant reduction in the demand for advertising. They have also experienced a decline in the pricing of ads in multiple weeks of Q1 2020.
5. As per reports by eMarketer, Facebook is growing significantly especially in developing countries. The report suggests that Facebook will gain 250 million people from such countries between 2019 to 2023.
As per another survey by Pew Research, the number of adults visiting Facebook (74%) at least once a day in the US is higher than the adults visiting Instagram (63%) and Snapchat (61%).
6. Facebook Statistics show that Stories is used by more than 300 million users every day while Instagram Stories is used by over 500 million daily. These platforms have over 2 million advertisers as of January 2019.
Facebook story ads are different than the usual ones. The aspect ratio is different with less space for text. Instead of clicking a CTA, customers are supposed to slide up the ad screen. As a marketer or business owner, if you want to leverage Stories effectively, give Adtric a call. You can request your free consultation HERE!
7. Over 10 million groups exist on Facebook. These small to large communities are built around various expertise, beliefs, and skills. These groups are used by over 1.4 billion people every month.
As a marketer, if you provide value instead of just promotional content, Facebook Groups can be the right place for you. To learn more about Facebook Statistics and how to leverage it for your marketing, you can visit Facebook for Business as well.
Facebook marketing is undoubtedly crucial for your brand’s online success. Its incredible benefits can help you reach millions of customers worldwide. To make your brand a success on Facebook, you can collaborate with Adtric and come up with a surefire plan.
60 total views, 1 views today